Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Marketing Year

Okay, let just start by saying that 2010 was a tough one for resolutions. I have to give myself some slack, since the birth of my daughter last summer reworked my priorities (and rightly so), but now I've got her woven into the equation.

So, this year, I've resolved to renew my marketing push, getting as many of my finished and polished work into the hands of publishers as possible. No new games. No new writing. No new art, even. All marketing. All the time. It's a strange resolution to resolve to create less, but that's what I'm going to have to do in order to get those wings flapping again.

This recession has hit my in-production queue very hard. Projects that were supposed to be on shelves in late 2009 or early 2010 are now being pushed back to some time in 2011. Others have been killed as the companies I work with scale back their new offerings. So I've got to fire up the submission machinery in order to get things moving forward again, no matter how slowly.

But I certainly have enough to keep busy, even so. Two series of novels to continue to polish (an ongoing task, as anyone whose written one can tell you), about fifteen short stories I consider good candidates for publication, and an equal number of games for various markets.

I've got a lot to do. And it's the 9th already! Gak!

No comments:

Post a Comment