Or, as 2010 shows, it's the stuff of appearing to get nothing done. One of my resolutions regards blogging here more regularly, for the teeming masses who follow my every move (Hi, Peter!). At this, I've been failing rather spectacularly. By my other goal, that of getting stories ready for print, or finishing drafts of manuscripts, is chugging away, and that's why there appears to be no news.
So, to make my resolutions and goals official, here they are for 2010:
- 1 new novel
- 4 new short stories
- Illustrate every short story awaiting publication
- Complete 2 additional paintings
- 2 new iPhone Apps for my puzzle games
- Get all 10 of my Current Projects list in the hands of publishers
- 2 new designs
- At least one blog post a month (okay, twelve for the year). This is one of those "making a habit" sort of resolutions.
I know this doesn't sound like much output, when read individually (except for the novel, maybe). But I set these up as minimums for 2010. If I do more, hey, that's okay. But if I fail at even these modest (except for the novel) goals, I can feel like an official loser.
I think that may be the secret of a good resolution: make it something so simple, it'd be embarrassing to not achieve it!